Program Code: AASGB
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED ARTS AND SCIENCE DEGREE
The general business occupational curriculum provides a broad, basic program in business, supplemented with technical skills, and rounded out with general liberal arts courses. This foundation will permit the student to seek employment through a variety of entry-level business positions, such as accounting clerk, junior accountant, assistant office manager, assistant department manager or administrative assistant. This program is also intended to provide sufficient background so that the student may ultimately specialize in some area of administration.
When students complete this program, they will be able to:
- demonstrate a basic understanding of the various business functions: accounting, finance, marketing, management, economics and business law.
- demonstrate abilities in the primary management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
- describe the marketing concept and its role in overall business strategy.
- identify target markets and determine a suitable marketing mix for that target.
- demonstrate ability to make a compelling sales presentation using professional tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and situation.
- analyze real world business problems and be able to formulate, present and defend a solution.
- demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving techniques within a business and economic environment.
- demonstrate the application of the concepts of double-entry bookkeeping.