Program Code: AASMN
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED ARTS AND SCIENCE DEGREE
This program is designed to present students with the broad theoretical and practical experiences necessary for the demanding expectations of managerial careers. Having a balanced blend of core management courses, related business courses, applicable liberal arts courses and a number of elective credits, this program meets the needs of individuals seeking entry-level management positions and of currently employed managers seeking to enhance their effectiveness.
NOTE: Students wishing to transfer should not follow the sequence listed below. Please contact the Business and Information Technologies division at (810) 989-5575 or Advising at (810) 989-5520 for detailed transfer information specific to each college/university.
When students complete this program, they will be able to:
- demonstrate abilities in the primary management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling
- operate and communicate in groups and teams
- employ a variety of motivational techniques
- identify the dynamics and strategic nature of human resource management
- demonstrate ability to conduct an employee appraisal process
- analyze real world business problems and be able to formulate, present and defend a solution
- demonstrate a basic understanding of the principles of business, economics, and accounting
- produce and practice effective oral and written forms of communication
- develop the ability to use technology appropriate to the business environment.