Program Code: AASPR
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED ARTS AND SCIENCE DEGREE
Developing software solutions to harness the ever expanding capabilities of today’s computer systems requires technical knowledge and problem solving skills that are in high demand. This program is intended for students wishing to complete an associate degree while preparing to transfer to a four-year school to pursue a degree in computer science or information systems. Since transfer requirements vary by institution, students are strongly encouraged to meet with representatives from the transfer school EARLY IN THEIR STUDIES. In addition, students should work closely with the SC4 Business and Information Technologies division and the advising office.
College credit may be given for earned industry certifications in Computer Information Systems topics.
Credit may be granted for students with current certifications. For questions or a complete list of currently accepted industry certifications and equivalent CIS courses, please call the Business and Information Technologies division at 810-989-5575, or check with an advisor.
When students complete this program, they will be able to:
- design software solutions to ‘real world’ problems utilizing the software development life cycle
- implement not-trivial programs in a modern, professional level programming language
- demonstrate the use of Object Oriented analysis and programming techniques
- demonstrate ability to complete algebraic or calculus math applications
- communicate both in writing and verbally about computing and business concepts using technical terms effectively in order to secure and maintain employment.