Program Code: AASEX
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED ARTS AND SCIENCE DEGREE
The Administrative Executive Assistant associate degree program prepares students for careers as administrative assistants, executive secretaries, and/or office managers. Employment opportunities are found in every industry, including manufacturing, construction, wholesale and retail trade, banking, insurance, real estate, education, government and health care facilities. This curriculum provides skills in business communications, interpersonal relations, keyboarding and word processing, accounting principles, spreadsheets, records and database management, office procedures, and on-the-job training. This program affords students the opportunity to tailor the electives to courses that will better meet their goals such as courses in management, web development, or transcription.
When students complete this program, they will be able to:
- demonstrate professional verbal and nonverbal communication skills expected in the business world.
- produce documents at mailable industry standards in the areas of speed, coding, formats, and input technologies.
- utilize software and equipment to efficiently produce office documents.
- demonstrate organization, prioritization, and scheduling skills.
- utilize critical thinking/problem solving skills to manage resources (people, procedures, information, equipment, and environment).
- apply language arts skills effectively.