Oct 17, 2017
2017-18 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Fax: (810) 989-5738
Workforce Development is committed to offering business development services and customized training solutions for business, industry and community. Through entry-level programs and customized contract training, Workforce Development provides outstanding cost-effective training options and educational services to enhance skills, increase productivity and improve workforce quality.
Workforce Development customers include employers, as well as employed, unemployed and underemployed workers, and adults seeking professional development and industry certifications.
Topics areas include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Allied Health, CPR
- Computer and Software Training
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Industrial Safety and Risk Management
- Information Technology
- Management and Supervision
- Serv Safe
- WorkKeys Testing (National Career Readiness Certificate)
- Focus Groups
- Strategic Planning
- Skills Assessment and Training
- Process Mapping
- CareerStep - Online training programs to help individuals enter into a new career. Programs include Medical Coding and Billing, Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare IT and Veterinary Assistant.
- Computer Skills - A facilitator-led program that is six-months long, self-paced and designed for entry-level employment. Participants will learn computer and workplace skills for career opportunities in the office environment. This program includes the cost of industry-standard certifications.
- Authorized VUE/Castle testing center
- Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)
- Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC)
- Certified Logistics Associate
- Certified Logistics Technician
- Certified Production Technician
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- NREMT (EMT, First Responder, Paramedic)
Job posting services
- SC4 Job Connect, online employment system
- Confidential job posting option
- Annual career fair and recruiting events
- On-campus recruiting and interviewing
- SC4 Reach Out! Work-study program
- Visibility options and special requests
- Identification of potential funding sources
- Michigan New Jobs Training Program
- Skills Trade Training Funds (STTF)
- Apprenticeship Programs
For more information, contact Workforce Development at (810) 989-5788 or visit www.sc4.edu/workforce.