Jul 18, 2024  
2018-19 Catalog 
2018-19 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Campus Security and Campus Patrol

Accidents and Health Emergencies on Campus

Report all accidents occurring on the college campus that cause injury to students. Accidents causing serious injury are to be treated as emergencies. When a student is injured or becomes ill while on campus, first call 911, then Campus Patrol who will assist until necessary aid arrives. A student encountering a minor accident, damage to his/her vehicle, or lost or stolen items on campus may elect to have Campus Patrol make an incident report. Remember, if there is any doubt about the severity of the occurrence, call 911.

Campus Crime Statistics

Detailed information is available by visiting www.sc4.edu/about/campus-patrol/.

Security Escorts

Anyone uncomfortable with walking to their vehicle or to another building may request an escort from Campus Patrol at (810) 989-5757. It is advised that you call ahead of time to make necessary arrangements.

Lost and Found

All lost and found property is centrally located in the Campus Patrol office located in the Main Building room 207.

Parking on Campus

Students shall ensure their vehicle is legally parked on the campus at all times. Failure to do so may result in the vehicle being ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense. See section “Academic & Other Support Services < Parking” in this catalog for additional parking information.

Sex Offender Registration

Notice is hereby given to the campus community that persons seeking information concerning registered sex offenders should contact the St. Clair County Sheriff Department or the Sheriff Department for any county where off-campus programs are offered.

Student Assistance from Campus Patrol

Campus Patrol can assist faculty, staff and students experiencing trouble with some vehicle problems such as:

  • Dead or low car battery
  • Frozen door locks
  • Low or flat tires
  • Keys left in locked vehicle
  • Out of gas
  • Directions around campus

Student Identification

When applicable and/or upon request by an appropriate member of the college staff, persons requested to do so shall present acceptable identification (i.e. Skippers OneCard, driver’s license, Michigan ID card).

Failure to produce ID as requested to a faculty, staff or campus patrol member may result in student discipline.