Program Code: AATLA
ASSOCIATE IN Arts (Transfer Program)
The Associate in Arts degree is designed for students to have a successful transfer to the university and program of their choice. Students majoring in areas such as art, education, history, journalism, music, philosophy, pre-law, political science, psychology, and sociology may want to consider this degree.
Overview of degree (see below for specific courses to be completed with a grade of “C” or better):
- Communication: ENG 101 or ENG 101H ; and ENG 102 or ENG 102H
- Humanities: Two courses from two disciplines
- Mathematics: MTH 104 , MTH 113 , MTH 114 , MTH 120 or higher
- Science: Two courses, including one laboratory experience, from two disciplines
- Social Science: Two courses from two disciplines
- Additional Requirements: Four courses from humanities and/or social science
Electives: College-level courses (100 level or higher) to reach the minimum 60 credits
Two courses in humanities and/or social science must have a course number of 200 or above.